“I have been called the, “queen of not giving a shit.”
People think it stems from really not caring; on the contrary, it stems from the fear of caring too much.
To deny that, is simply to deny one’s humanity. Being the “queen of not giving a shit” doesn’t make one healthier or stronger or wiser or cooler or even happier. It just makes you feel less human. It makes you feel, less and less.
So get out while you can and start giving a shit; and if your heart breaks, let it break. Because it’ll be okay. You will be okay.”
I’ve often heard that people only start wanting you when they think that you don’t want them. It’s true; I’ve lived by it. Whether its business or friendships or especially romantic relationships, the person who cares less always seems to be the person who has the most power. At least that’s what it might feel like for the person that cares more. But I question whether this is true or not.
I have been called the, “queen of not giving a shit.” One of my many talents is that I am really good at both not actually caring, as well as acting like I don’t care. Just yesterday, some girlfriends and I were talking about boys and I quoted Almost Famous as my romance mantra, “If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt.” And it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve ultimately come off as cynical about relationships…
View original post 633 more words
yup still haven’t started studying for mocks; cheers indeed xx
1. Having a friend who does not judge you or look down on you, no matter what, and who really listens when you tell them something important or difficult.
2. Finally going on the one ride at the amusement park that you were always just a little too scared of, but which left you disappointed every time you didn’t get up the courage to ride it.
3. Having a picnic out by the water on a day where it’s just sunny enough to feel warm on your face but not so hot that you can’t enjoy sitting still. (And where the bugs all miraculously leave you alone.)
4. Swimming in clear water, where you can see the bottom even when you are chest-deep.
5. Kissing someone you have really, really wanted to kiss for a long time, and having that whole tingly-body sensation when you realize that it’s just as…
View original post 531 more words
1. Finding someone who helps you grow and challenges you, not necessarily who drives you crazy with physically and biologically-induced feelings.
2. The ability to sit with yourself.
3. Understanding that you are a blip in the span of infinity, and yet, you are integral and nothing would be the same if you weren’t who you are– basking in that idea.
4. Having a friend you can turn to when you don’t know how to help yourself.
5. Finding your bible.
6. Finding your safe place, whether that be your apartment, or a beach somewhere, or in the middle of a big ole’ city: wherever it is, just make sure it’s somewhere you feel at ease.
7. Having someone you consider home.
8. Learning to be happy with things as they are, because you take the time to imagine what your life would be like if you didn’t have them.
View original post 683 more words
1. Your favorite t-shirt.
2. Your favorite show’s newest season being on Netflix.
3. Your favorite coffee in the morning.
4. Looking out the window while riding the train.
5. Watching a Disney movie.
6. A cold shower on a hot day.
7. Being able to inspire yourself.
8. The feeling you get when you relax your shoulders and realize how tense you were.
9. Fresh flowers and candles in your apartment.
10. Lazy Sundays.
11. Planning a trip.
12. Taking a day off work.
13. A nap when you really need one.
14. Receiving a letter in the mail.
15. Finding something you love on sale.
16. City lights on the street after it rained.
17. Checking things off your to-do list.
18. Your favorite song coming on the radio.
19. Feeling comfortable with someone.
20. Going out to dinner with someone you love.
22. A fire…
View original post 704 more words
I’m so much better when you’re around.
& I am truly so, so incredibly & unbelievably blessed I can’t even-. I don’t deserve any of it; but I am so thankful.
Really quite sad that summer’s coming to an end (last day to be spent on work too, sigh) but its been a pretty good summer & I wouldn’t have spent it any other way (although I do wish I could have spent even more time with my loved ones).
Gonna be s–t going back to school & all but I can’t wait to see everyone again. Approx 4 more months to freedom!(!!)
Hope everyone else has had a great summer too, xo;